Have you ever had a glass of homemade passion fruit juice? If you haven’t, well it is truly a glass full of magic.
Passion fruit grows on a big vine. When it gets hot the vine grows extremely beautiful flowers. The flowers then turn into an oval shaped green fruit. As long as it stays warm the fruit will continue to turn a deep purple. When they fall off the vine they are ripe and ready to eat. If you’re not ready to process them right way, don’t worry because they will keep for quite awhile on the counter. Even if they’re shriveled up and not looking so good, they’re still fine to eat. After you’ve gathered up enough fruit, it’s time to make juice.
Here’s the recipe…
- 2.5 cups of juice
- 5 cups of cold water
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of sugar (more or less depending if you like sweet or tart juice)
- Cut of the tops of the fruit
- Scoop the seeds into a fine mesh colander
- Separate the juice from the seeds by mashing them over a bowl
- Add the sugar, water, and passion fruit juice together
- Stir it up and enjoy!
When you add those three key ingredients you get delicious tasting passion fruit juice that is like no other. If you try this recipe you are bound to like it.
Have you ever had passion fruit juice? Leave me a comment and let me know.